May 16, 2012

Around my house....



I mentioned last week about a couple of changes that we have made in our kitchen/dining room so here are a few photos...sorry for not fixing them in Photoshop but I have been way too lazy for that ;)
Our can cabinet has new fabric in them which I think gives a calmer appearance (no more clutter to be seen). A new grey ceiling lamp, ordinary but nice....I also decided to order a couple of "special" light bulbs for my new lamps and when they arrived....OMG! I think I just bought a bulb for constructions!!! It is huge! I was even afraid to put it in, waiting for the whole block to turn black when turning the lights on. My boyfriend seemed to have forgotten about out Sydney incident and plugged the thing in....yelling from the kitchen - It's lovely!

"In Sydney years ago we were going to plug a new light in. The outlet was behind a dresser so I was lying on all fours with my boyfriend right behind me. I reached in, plugged it in and turned the switch on. BANG! The hole place went pitch black, I couldn't really see anything because of the flash that came from the socket, but managed to scream -I think my hair is on fire! while crawling out from behind the dresser.... It was lucky that we didn't start a fire in the wall but the fuse kind of went for the whole block. Walking down to the reception with black fingers and soot in my face.... - I think we have problem...."

Anyway, I bought a spotlight bulb but with a normal screw socket. I wanted a more directed light, not a diffuse one that makes the whole shade light up. It is perfect (even if it's huge) and the light is...is....well, it's difficult to explain but it's the nicest light I have ever seen!



It's bigger than the palm of my hand....



I also bought this industrial inspired wall lamp which I absolutely love. For this I bought an "old" Edison light bulb with visible carbon thread.....soo nice!



And in the bedroom we finally have a new plush and comfy seat....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...