Nov 6, 2011

Product Junkie....Facial Buffer!



For us over 30 it gets more and more important to exfoliate the skin as it gets dull - wouldn't you agree? I have been searching for something that works with my super sensitive skin (prone to eczema, hormonal breakouts, blocked pores and dry skin), all from acid peels, facial masks, sonic brushes, mechanical peels, buffers...you name it.

This time I tried Body Shops facial buffer!
I'm sorry to say that this must be the worst thing I have ever tried.
It is so rough, I wouldn't even use it on my body. I couldn't even buff my whole face because it hurt too much. I rate this 0/5 and mine is already in the trash!

One thing I have realized over the last few years is that the more gentler cleansers, creams, masks etc. the better your skin feels and therefore in less need of exfoliation. Also, by using creams and lotions especially made for super sensitive skin (not just any lotion saying its good for sensitive skin), your skin will turn into a healthy "normal" state. That means no more t-zone, less clogged pores, the lotion will simultaneously help with dry skin, oily skin, acne, eczema - you name it!
Now, isn't that what we all want?

So what if you really need to exfoliate that sensitive face? Well, the best thing out there and probably the most cheapest and best for the skin (no harsh chemicals and other bad additives) is.....plain natural yoghurt!! It is soooo good! It cools and calms the skin while the gentle acids helps with exfoliation. I use it as often as I can remember. I slap a thick layer on and leave it until it disappears or is totally dry - then I just wash it off with lukewarm water.

What is your best exfoliation tip?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...